Navigate Advantage Access for Advanced First Aid, CPR, and AED, Eighth Edition is a digital-only Access Code that unlocks an interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, learning analytic reporting tools.
Navigate Advantage Access for Advanced First Aid, CPR, and AED, Eighth Edition course materials are ideal for use within college-level courses designed to train individuals in first aid, CPR, and AED. This manual feature current content on topics from CPR skills to opioid emergencies to COVID considerations and precautions. To simplify training, the text focuses on the most vital lifesaving skills, so participants have clarity on how to respond to common emergencies like cardiac arrest, choking, life-threatening bleeding, anaphylactic shock, and strokes.
Updated, Evidence-Based Content.
- Updated content that meets or exceeds the scientific recommendations developed by the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) and is consistent with the Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) Guidelines as established by the American Heart Association (AHA) and other resuscitation councils around the world.
- Current and in-depth information on CPR, AED, injuries, and illnesses, including new content on hemorrhage control, airway obstruction response, and more.
- Decision tables that provide a concise summary of what signs to look for and what treatment steps to take during an emergency.
Training Geared for the Real World
- New and updated content on hemorrhage control, opioid overdose response, airway obstruction response, compression-only CPR, COVID-19, and more.
- New content on face masks, face shields, and hands-only CPR helps learners to respond despite coronavirus pandemic concerns.
- Greater emphasis on willingness and confidence to act is presented throughout the text, including discussion on how to communicate during emergencies.
- A range of online and classroom-based teaching and learning materials enable flexible course delivery.
About the Author
With more than 38,000 members, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (aaos.org or orthoinfo.org), is the premier not-for-profit organization that provides education programs for orthopaedic surgeons and allied health professionals, champions the interests of patients and advances the highest quality of musculoskeletal health. Orthopaedic surgeons and the Academy are the authoritative sources of information for patients and the general public on musculoskeletal conditions, treatments and related issues. More than one in four Americans have bone or joint health problems, making them the greatest cause of lost workdays in the U.S. When orthopaedic surgeons restore mobility and reduce pain, they help people get back to work and to independent, productive lives. Orthopaedic surgeons keep this “Nation in Motion.” To learn more about A Nation in Motion campaign, or to read hundreds of patient stories or to submit your own story, visit ANationInMotion.org.