Navigate 2 Preferred Access for Emergency Medical Responder: Your First Response in Emergency Care, Sixth Edition is a digital-only Access Code that unlocks an interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, Test Prep, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytic reporting tools.
Based on the National EMS Education Standards and endorsed by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Navigate 2 Preferred Access for Emergency Medical Responder: Your First Response in Emergency Care, Sixth Edition offers complete coverage of every competency statement with clarity and precision in a concise format. That ensures student comprehension and encourages critical thinking. The experienced author team and the AAOS medical editors have transformed the Education Standards into a training program that reflects best practices. Using clear, accessible language and proven pedagogical features. The Sixth Edition is the only way to prepare law enforcement personnel, firefighters, rescue squad personnel, athletic trainers, college students, and laypersons for the challenges they will face in the field. The Sixth Edition delivers:
Sixth Edition delivers:
- Current State-of-the-Art Medical Content. The Emergency Medical Responder, Sixth Edition incorporates current medical concepts to ensure. Those students are taught assessment and treatment approaches that will help patients in the field today.
- Clear Application to Real-World Medical Response. Each chapter in the Sixth Edition includes four independent case studies. That offers students a genuine context for the application of knowledge presented in each chapter. This approach clarifies how the information learned in the chapter will use help patients in the field.
- Concept Reinforcement. The Sixth Edition is built on the premise that students need a solid foundation in the basics followed by appropriate reinforcement. For example, the Patient Assessment chapter fully details every step of the patient assessment process. Each medical and trauma chapter then revisits this process and discusses elements of patient assessment that may require extra attention when presented with particular emergencies.
Key content updates to the Sixth Edition include:
- Fully revised to reflect the 2015 ECC/CPR Guidelines
- New information on heroin overdose and use of nasal Narcan
- Enhanced information on excited delirium
- Updated content on bleeding control that emphasizes the use of tourniquets
- Spinal motion stabilization recommendations that reflect current standards
- New content on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and dealing with autism spectrum disorders