Nancy Caroline’s Emergency Care in the Streets Premier Hybrid Access
|Nancy Caroline’s Emergency Care in the Streets Premier Package includes:|
|Content||Instruction||Student Learning Materials|
|Textbook||Instructor Guide||Practice Activities++|
|eBook||Analytics||Fisdap Skills Tracker|
|Active Learning Activities +||Flashcards|
|+Limited quantities available. ++Only available when assigned by instructors.|
Nancy Caroline’s Emergency Care in the Streets, Ninth Edition is the newest evolution of the premier paramedic education training program. This legendary paramedic textbook was first developed by Dr. Nancy Caroline in the early 1970s and transformed paramedic education. Today, lead editors Bob Elling and Barb Aehlert, along with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, are proud to continue this legacy and set the new gold standard for the paramedics of tomorrow.
Nancy Caroline’s Emergency Care in the Streets, Ninth Edition offers cutting-edge, evidence-based content that meets or exceeds the most current scientific recommendations developed by the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) and the ECC Guidelines established by the American Heart Association and other resuscitation councils around the world. Clear chapter objectives align with the 2019 National EMS Scope of Practice Model and 2021 EMS Education Standards.
Thoroughly reviewed by medical doctors and subject-matter experts, the Ninth Edition teaches students the technical skills required of today’s paramedic while emphasizing other important professional attributes, including critical thinking, empathy, teamwork, communication, problem-solving, and personal well-being. Taking a systemic approach to the assessment and management of traumatic and medical emergencies, and devoting entire chapters to special topics, such as mass-casualty incidents, the Ninth Edition covers the full scope of paramedic practice.
Emergency Care in the Streets Hybrid Access
Some of the key high-level updates to the Ninth Edition include the following:
- Language is carefully reviewed throughout the text to ensure gender neutrality, racial inclusivity, and non-stigmatizing descriptions of patient conditions
- NEW Street Smarts boxes throughout the text to emphasize the “soft skills” expected of today’s paramedics
- Images updated to reflect appropriate PPE in the current COVID-19 setting
- Added emphasis on current spinal motion restriction guidelines
- Thoroughly reviewed and updated references, statistics, and case studies
- CPR and ACLS algorithms are updated throughout the text to reflect the current AHA guidelines
- Caroline 9e Revision Guide
Learn about the latest updates to the Ninth Edition
- Volume 1 Front Matter & Contents
Preview Front Matter – Volume 1
- Volume 2 Front Matter & Contents
Preview Front Matter – Volume 2