Navigate 2 Premier Access for Canadian Fundamentals of Fire Fighter Skills and Hazardous Materials Response; Fourth Edition is a digital-only Access Code that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard reports actionable data.
The Fourth Edition features the same exceptional content and the latest standards, technology, and research, including the latest research-based data from Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Understanding that today’s fires release energy faster, reach flashover potential sooner, and may reach higher temperatures than building fires of the past is critically important for new and seasoned firefighters. This foundational knowledge is covered extensively, in addition to recent data identifying the higher rate of physical and mental health issues in the fire service than in the general population. Information about firefighter health and safety has been updated to include behavioral and physical health awareness topics and statistics.
The new edition meets and exceeds the performance requirements in the latest edition of NFPA 1001: Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications, as well as awareness level, the core operations level, and select mission-specific operations level responsibilities from NFPA 1072: Standard for Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications, 2017 Edition. Along with a new design, the structure and organization of the Fourth Edition have been completely updated to allow you the flexibility to teach your Fire Fighter I and II courses precisely the way you wish.
The Fourth Edition delivers:
- A split-level table of contents with five distinct sections
- Fire Fighter I
- Fire Fighter II
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- Hazardous Materials Operations Mission Specific
- Content meets all JPRs and competencies required within the latest editions of NFPA 1001 and NFPA 1072, as well as a correlation guide to NFPA 472
- Updated research and statistics, with reference information, are included to ensure evidence-based recommendations and protocols.
- A new and improved Skill Drill design with clear, comprehensive visual summaries
- An updated art program featuring new photos and illustrations