Each new print copy of Fire Service Rapid Intervention Crews: Principles and Practice, Enhanced First Edition also includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
Be prepared for any mayday situation!
From training to equipment to on-scene considerations, Fire Service Rapid Intervention Crews: Principles and Practice, Enhanced First Edition Includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access covers all aspects of rapid intervention and ensures that crew members and incident commanders fully prepared for “Mayday” emergencies. The textbook thoroughly addresses both knowledge and skills requirements found in the 2015 Edition of NFPA 1407, Standard for Training Fire Service Rapid Intervention Crews. It informs training personnel on how to conduct safe, practical rapid intervention training. The Enhanced First Edition provides a road map for small, medium, or large departments to safely train members on the skills of self-survival and rapid intervention to prepare for incidents where firefighters become lost, trapped, or disoriented.
- Chapter_1 Basics of a Rapid Intervention Crew
- Chapter_2 Planning for a Prepared Rapid Intervention Crew
- Chapter_3 RIC On Scene: Preactivation Considerations and Actions While Staged
- Chapter_4 Activation of the RIC and Organizational Considerations
- Chapter_5 Rapid Intervention and Self-Rescue
- Chapter_6 Skills and Techniques of the Rapid Intervention Search
- Chapter_7 RIC Team Actions Once the Downed Fire Fighter Is Found
- Chapter_8 RIC Skills: Rapidly Moving a Downed Fire Fighter
- Chapter_9 RIC Stair Rescue Techniques: Variables, Challenges, and Skills
- Chapter_10 Rescuing Fire Fighters Through Windows, Over Ladders, and From Restrictive, Limited Space
- Chapter_11 Rescuing a Fire Fighter From Below Grade and Through a Hole in the Floor
- Chapter_12 Fire Fighters Trapped in Attics
- Appendix_A The Multi-Purpose Prop: Purpose and Construction
- Appendix_B NFPA 1407: Standard for Training Fire Service Rapid Intervention Crews, 2015 Edition Correlation Guide