Fire and Emergency Services Administration: Management and Leadership Practices, Third Edition, provides aspiring and current chief officers who administer, manage or lead fire, emergency medical services (EMS), rescue, and/or emergency management organizations with the knowledge to make policy decisions and also the skills needed to lead their organizations through progressive change. The core principle of the program is focused on problem-solving through persuasion, influence, and developing internal and also external cooperation processes to achieve the organization’s mission. Because Real-world perspective bridges the gap between the theory of management and leadership practices and the application of those vital skills.
The fire and emergency services profession has made many progressive changes in equipment, training, and funding, but the job of making improvements is never complete. SO this text provides the knowledge needed by chief officers and their staff to identify and implement progressive change. It will help keep firefighters safe while providing the best public fire and emergency services.
Fire and Emergency Services Administration: Management and Leadership Practices, Third Edition is an integral resource for officers, those studying for promotion, individuals taking civil service examinations, fire science students, and also existing practitioners. It is part of an integrated teaching and learning system that combines dynamic features and content to support instructors and also to help prepare students for their leadership careers in fire and emergency services.
- Chapter_1 Historical Foundations of Fire and Emergency Services
- Chapter_2 Introduction to Administration
- Chapter_3 Management
- Chapter_4 Leadership
- Chapter_5 Financial Management
- Chapter_6 Human Resource Management
- Chapter_7 Customer Service
- Chapter_8 Training and Education
- Chapter_9 Health and Safety
- Chapter_10 Government Regulation, Laws, and Courts
- Chapter_11 Ethics
- Chapter_12 Public Policy Analysis
- Chapter_13 The Future
- Appendix A Fire and Emergency Services Administration (C0271) Correlation Grid