EMS Field Guide, BLS Version is designed for both beginning and experienced EMTs, and is the ideal quick reference. Now in its Ninth Edition, this field guide has been an essential resource for EMS professionals for over a decade. Whether you’re a student or a 20-year veteran of emergency medical services. This guide gives you quick access to vital information needed to perform your job.
This newly updated edition includes the following:
- EMT field determination of death checklist
- CDC criteria for field evaluation of school-aged athletes with head injuries
- Capnography waveform interpretation for BLA/AEMT providers
- Comprehensive ACLS algorithms for EMT/AEMT, including asthma, traumatic and hypothermic arrest, and post-arrest resuscitation and care
- Pain assessment charts
- Updated infectious disease to include high-risk biological responses, including Ebola and MERS.
- Revised American Burn Association (ABA) burn resuscitation guidelines
Plus, this field guide includes all other charts and references that EMTs and AEMTs need ready access to in the field: APGAR, pediatric vital signs, stroke scales, GCS (infant, child, and adult), pupil chart, CDC Trauma Triage, O2 tank capacities, prescription drugs, abbreviations, spell checker, phone numbers, Spanish translations, and metric conversions.
The EMS Field Guide, BLS Version is the only field guide that addresses the needs of both EMTs and AEMTs under the new EMS Scope of Practice model. Just as with all Informed Publishing print products, this field guide is 3×5, fits easily in your pocket, has color-coded tabs, and is durable.
The EMS Field Guide, BLS Version, is the resource you’ll use in class and take with you throughout your career.