Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Essentials Package includes:
|Content||Instruction||Student Learning Materials|
|++Only available when assigned by instructors.|
Since 1971, Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured has advanced how EMS education is delivered to help train exceptional EMS professionals around the globe. Fifty years later, the Twelfth Edition is now the most comprehensive, innovative EMT educational solution ever developed. Concepts of teamwork, communication, and empathy are woven throughout the chapters, challenging students to become more compassionate, conscientious healthcare professionals and skilled clinicians.
Current, State-of-the-Art Content
Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Essentials Package, Twelfth Edition delivers the latest medical evidence, alignment to current standards, and a revised layout to improve readability.
- Comprehensive coverage of the National EMS Education Standards and the 2020 American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
- Updated coverage of PPE and CDC guidelines for safe patient care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
A Focus on Career Readiness and Employability
For those who care about more than pass rates, the Twelfth Edition addresses the most common job readiness issues reported by employers.
- Greater emphasis on empathy, teamwork, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving to ensure students are well-prepared as they transition into the field.
- A new “Street Smarts” feature helps bridge the gap between the classroom and field environment by addressing nontechnical skills that improve patient and co-worker interactions.
- The enhanced content on provider mental health, wellness, and safety.
Innovative and Flexible Package Options that Work for Your Course
Helpful student resources like audiobooks, interactive lectures, simulations, and videos drive value and cater to various learning styles and needs. Educators are supported by various instructional and assessment resources to simplify traditional, hybrid, and flipped course delivery.
- Premier Package: Comprehensive education solutions that facilitate student engagement and virtual learning. Premier Packages are customized for traditional classrooms and for flipped classrooms for those that wish to offer a more student-directed learning environment.
- Advantage Package: Foundational resources that prepare students to pass the National Registry Exam and enter the field better prepared to interact with the people in their community.
- Essentials Package: High-quality materials to meet core content and instruction needs.
- Section 1 Preparatory
- Chapter_1 EMS Systems
- Chapter_2 Workforce Safety and Wellness
- Chapter_3 Medical, Legal, and Ethical Issues
- Chapter_4 Communication and Documentation
- Chapter_5 Medical Terminology
- Chapter_6 The Human Body
- Chapter_7 Life Span Development
- Chapter_8 Lifting and Moving Patients
- Chapter_9 The Team Approach to Health Care
- Section 2 Patient Assessment
- Chapter_10 Patient Assessment
- Section 3 Airway
- Chapter_11 Airway Management
- Section 4 Pharmacology
- Chapter_12 Principles of Pharmacology
- Section 5 Shock and Resuscitation
- Chapter_13 Shock
- Chapter_14 BLS Resuscitation
- Section 6 Medical
- Chapter_15 Medical Overview
- Chapter_16 Respiratory Emergencies
- Chapter_17 Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Chapter_18 Neurologic Emergencies
- Chapter_19 Gastrointestinal and Urologic Emergencies
- Chapter_20 Endocrine and Hematologic Emergencies
- Chapter_21 Allergy and Anaphylaxis
- Chapter_22 Toxicology
- Chapter_23 Behavioral Health Emergencies
- Chapter_24 Gynecologic Emergencies
- Section 7 Trauma
- Chapter_25 Trauma Overview
- Chapter_26 Bleeding
- Chapter_27 Soft-Tissue Injuries
- Chapter_28 Face and Neck Injuries
- Chapter_29 Head and Spine Injuries
- Chapter_30 Chest Injuries
- Chapter_31 Abdominal and Genitourinary Injuries
- Chapter_32 Orthopaedic Injuries
- Chapter_33 Environmental Health Emergencies
- Section 8 Special Patient Populations
- Chapter_34 Obstetrics and Neonatal Care
- Chapter_35 Pediatric Emergencies
- Chapter_36 Geriatric Emergencies
- Chapter_37 Patients with Special Challenges
- Section 9 EMS Operations
- Chapter_38 Transport Operations
- Chapter_39 Vehicle Extrication and Special Rescue
- Chapter_40 Incident Management
- Chapter_41 Terrorism Response and Disaster Management