Anatomy and Physiology for Health Professionals, Third Edition offers an engaging, approachable, and comprehensive overview of human anatomy and physiology. The Third Edition features a total of six multifaceted ‘Units’ which build upon an understanding of basic knowledge, take readers through intermediate subjects, and finally delve into complex topics that stimulate critical thinking.
Heavily revised with updated content throughout, chapters include useful features. Such as Common Abbreviations, Medical Terminology, the Metric System, and more! Students will want to take advantage of the many resources available to reinforce learning —including Test Your Understanding questions that regularly assess comprehension, flashcards for self-study, an interactive eBook with more than 20 animations, and interactive and printable Lab Exercises and Case Studies.
- New & updated art and anatomical figures throughout the text
- Three new chapters on Muscle Tissue, The Autonomic Nervous System, and Heredity
- New appendices on Common Abbreviations, Medical Terminology, the Metric System, and more
- New Case Studies are now included for Instructors and Students as part of the Teaching and Learning Package as interactive or printable PDFs to help students apply concepts to real-world scenarios
- The new interactive Anatomy & Physiology Review Module provides a brief tour of the human body, utilizing technology to reinforce core A&P concepts
- Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
About the Author
Jahangir Moini, MD, MPH – Professor, Eastern Florida State College, Palm Bay, Florida
Dr. Moini Is Currently A Professor
Dr. Moini is currently a Professor at Eastern Florida State College. Dr. Moini was an assistant professor at Tehran University School of Medicine for nine years teaching medical and allied health students. The author was also a professor and former director (for 15 years) of allied health programs at Everest University. As a physician and instructor for the past 35 years, Dr. Moini established several new programs for allied health.
Dr. Moini actives involve in teaching and helping students to prepare for service in various health professions. He worked with the Brevard County Health Department as a health educator consultant for 18 years. Offering continuing education courses to keep health professionals up to date on the latest developments related to pharmacology, medication errors, immunizations, and other important topics. He has been an internationally published author of various allied health books since 1999.