Advanced Medical Life Support is the leading course for prehospital practitioners in advanced medical assessment and treatment of commonly encountered medical conditions. Taught across the globe since 1999, AMLS was the first EMS education program that fully addressed how to best manage patients in medical crises. Created by the National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) and endorsed by the National Association of EMS Physicians (NAEMSP), AMLS emphasizes the use of the AMLS Assessment Pathway. This essential assessment tool empowers prehospital practitioners to rapidly diagnose medical patients and initiate effective management in the field.
Advanced Medical Life Support is the only textbook approved for use in NAEMT’s Advanced Medical Life Support course. Its medical content is continuously revised and updated to reflect current, evidence-based knowledge and practice. The AMLS philosophy is on using critical thinking to assess patients and formulate management plans.
A Clear Approach to Assessing a Medical Patient
In the field, seconds count. The AMLS Assessment Pathway provides a systematic approach to the assessment of a medical patient. That enables prehospital practitioners to diagnose medical patients with urgent accuracy.
Dynamic Technology Solutions
World-class content joins instructionally sound design with a user-friendly interface to give instructors and students a truly interactive and engaging learning experience with:
- eBook of the AMLS Course Manual that reinforces key concepts presented in the AMLS course
- Engaging case-based lectures in the AMLS Online Instructor Toolkit
About the Author
NAEMT represents all EMS practitioners in promoting:
- Greater understanding and appreciation by government agencies at the local, state and also national levels of the role. That EMS plays in our nation’s health care, public safety, and disaster response systems.
- Pay and benefits that reflects their professional training, responsibilities and dedication.
- Leadership at the federal level that fosters and supports the delivery of quality EMS nationwide.
- Adequate and sustainable funding for EMS in all locations.
- Public policy that supports EMS practitioners and the patients they serve.