Advanced First Aid, CPR, and AED, Eighth Edition course materials are ideal for use within college-level courses designed to train individuals in first aid, CPR, and AED. This manual features current content on topics from CPR skills to opioid emergencies to COVID considerations and precautions. To simplify training, the text focuses on the most vital lifesaving skills, so participants have clarity on how to respond to common emergencies like cardiac arrest, choking, life-threatening bleeding, anaphylactic shock, and strokes.
Updated, Evidence-Based Content.
- Updated content that meets or exceeds the scientific recommendations developed by the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) and is consistent with the Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) Guidelines as established by the American Heart Association (AHA) and other resuscitation councils around the world.
- Current and in-depth information on CPR, AED, injuries, and illnesses, including new content on hemorrhage control, airway obstruction response, and more.
- Decision tables provide a concise summary of what signs to look for and what treatment steps to take during an emergency.
Training Geared for the Real World
- New and updated content on hemorrhage control, opioid overdose response, airway obstruction response, compression-only CPR, COVID-19, and more.
- New content on face masks, face shields, and hands-only CPR helps learners to respond despite coronavirus pandemic concerns.
- Greater emphasis on willingness and confidence to act is presented throughout the text, including a discussion on how to communicate during emergencies.
- A range of online and classroom-based teaching and learning materials enable flexible course delivery.
About the Author