A Short Course in Medical Terminology
Retaining its logical organization, body systems approach, and focus on word parts, word building, and word analysis; the fourth edition of A Short Course in Medical Terminology reflects current medical usage and is now even more concise, student-friendly, and accessible. This edition features an enhanced art and design program, a more standardized chapter structure, and a vast array of in-text and online learning resources that help students master the language of medicine as they prepare for practice in today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment.
Each new print copy of A Short Course in Medical Terminology, Fourth Edition includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access!
- This edition reflects today’s practice environment and has been rewritten to be even more user-friendly.
- The full-color art program—now even more accurate and contemporary—features new photos, illustrations, and figures with enhanced text-art integration.
- Structure and function sections use full-color illustrations to help you learn basic anatomy and physiology.
- Case studies connect chapter material to clinical settings through real-world applications of medical terms.
- In-text learning aids include learning outcomes, study tables that summarize terms, abbreviations tables that list common abbreviations and their meanings, and end-of-chapter exercises that help you master key terminology and word parts.
- IncludesNavigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks online learning materials including an interactive eBook, student practice activities, study aids, and assessments.
- Instructor resources include Slides in PowerPoint format, Test Bank, Image Bank, Lesson Plans, Syllabus Conversion Guide, Answers to Chapter Quizzes, and Student Worksheets.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Analyzing Medical Terms
- Chapter 2 Common Prefixes
- Chapter 3 Organization of the Body
- Chapter 4 The Integumentary System
- Chapter 5 The Skeletal System
- Chapter 6 The Muscular System
- Chapter 7 The Nervous System
- Chapter 8 The Special Senses of Sight and Hearing
- Chapter 9 The Endocrine System
- Chapter 10 The Cardiovascular System
- Chapter 11 The Lymphatic System and Immunity
- Chapter 12 The Respiratory System
- Chapter 13 The Digestive System
- Chapter 14 The Urinary System
- Chapter 15 The Reproductive System
- Appendix A Answers
- Appendix B Glossary of Word Parts with Meanings
- Appendix C Glossary of Abbreviations
- Appendix D Error-Prone Abbreviations, Symbols, and Dose Designations
- Appendix E Top 100 Prescribed Medications