2020 AHA International BLS Provider Manual is designed for healthcare providers and trained first responders who provide care to patients in a wide variety of settings or by those in a healthcare training program.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- The 2020 AHA International BLS Provider Manual contains all the information students need to successfully complete the BLS Course.
- Includes the AHA’s BLS Reference Card (JN-1025), a convenient, quick reference tool that healthcare professionals can access during the BLS Course and in a variety of healthcare settings. Reference card includes:
- CAB/Critical Concepts
- Adult Basic Life Support Algorithm for Healthcare Providers
- Opioid-Associated Emergency for Healthcare Providers Algorithm
- Adult Basic Life Support in Pregnancy for Healthcare Providers
- Pediatric Basic Life Support Algorithm for Healthcare Provider-Single Rescuer
- Pediatric Basic Life Support Algorithm for Healthcare Providers-2 or More Rescuers
- Summary of High-Quality CPR Components for BLS Providers
- Relief of Foreign-Body Airway Obstruction
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chains of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chains of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilation by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multi rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for an adult, a child, and an infant
IVE (International Version English) is the preferred and accepted format for International English-based training. All AHA Distributors should sell the IVE version of a product. If the IVE version is unavailable, then defer to the English version. IVE training materials have been updated to include metric units of measure and other global references that do not apply to students in the USA and Canada.