EMT Flipped Classroom
Since 1971, Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured has advanced how EMS education is delivered to help train exceptional EMS professionals around the globe. Fifty years later, the Twelfth Edition is now the most comprehensive, innovative EMT educational solution ever developed. Concepts of teamwork, communication, and empathy are woven throughout the chapters, challenging students to become more compassionate, conscientious health care professionals as well as skilled clinicians.
Current, State-of-the-Art Content
EMT Flipped Classroom (Twelfth Edition) delivers the latest medical evidence and alignment to current standards, along with a revised layout to improve readability.
Comprehensive coverage of the National EMS Education Standards and the 2020 American Heart Association (AHA) Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
Updated coverage of PPE and CDC guidelines for safe patient care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
A Focus on Career Readiness and Employability
For those who care about more than just pass rates, the Twelfth Edition is devoted to addressing the most common job readiness issues reported by employers.
Greater emphasis on empathy, teamwork, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving to ensure students are well prepared as they transition into the field.
A new “Street Smarts” feature that helps bridge the gap between the classroom and field environment by addressing nontechnical skills that improve patient and co-worker interactions.
The enhanced content on provider mental health, wellness, and safety.
Innovative and Flexible Package Options that Work for Your Course
Helpful student resources like an audiobook, interactive lectures, simulations, and videos drive value and cater to a variety of learning styles and needs. Educators are supported by a range of instructional and assessment resources to simplify traditional, hybrid, and flipped course delivery.
Premier Package: Comprehensive education solutions that facilitate student engagement and virtual learning. Premier Packages are customized for traditional classrooms and for flipped classrooms for those that wish to offer a more student-directed learning environment.
Advantage Package: Foundational resources that prepare students to pass the National Registry Exam and enter the field better prepared to interact with the people in their community.
Essentials Package: High-quality materials to meet core content and instruction needs.
- Sample Chapter: (View Now)
Instructor’s Manual and Interactive Lesson Guide (View Now )
4 Student-Centered Resources (Virtual Mentor Lecture, Challenge Scenario Handout, Student Scenario Handout, Scenario Role Cards) (View Now)
- Chapter Lesson 1 CPR
- Chapter Lesson 2 Medical Terminology
- Chapter Lesson 3 Anatomy, Physiology, and Lifespan Development
- Chapter Lesson 4 Pharmacology
- Chapter Lesson 5 EMS Systems and Workforce Wellness
- Chapter Lesson 6 Crew Resource Management
- Chapter Lesson 7 Legal Issues and Documentation
- Chapter Lesson 8 Patient Assessment, Part 1
- Chapter Lesson 9 Patient Assessment, Part 2
- Chapter Lesson 10 Airway Management
- Chapter Lesson 11 Respiratory Emergencies
- Chapter Lesson 12 Trauma Overview
- Chapter Lesson 13 Face, Neck, Head, and Spine Injuries
- Chapter Lesson 14 Chest and Abdominal Injuries
- Chapter Lesson 15 Orthopaedic Injuries
- Chapter Lesson 16 Environmental Emergencies
- Chapter Lesson 17 Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Chapter Lesson 18 Stroke
- Chapter Lesson 19 Medical Overview and Infectious Diseases
- Chapter Lesson 20 Neurologic, Endocrine, and Hematologic Emergencies
- Chapter Lesson 21 Toxicology and Psychiatric Emergencies
- Chapter Lesson 22 Gastrointestinal, Urologic, Immunologic, and Gynecologic Emergencies
- Chapter Lesson 23 Obstetrics
- Chapter Lesson 24 Pediatric Emergencies
- Chapter Lesson 25 Geriatric Emergencies and Patients with Special Challenges
- Chapter Lesson 26 Professional Issues and Communications
- Chapter Lesson 27 Rescue and Transport Operations